Research activity and publications of
Mathieu Bouville, PhD
Publications include first author articles only, and are far from exhaustive. (You can e-mail me if you do not have a subscription to these journals.)
Modeling and simulations in applied physics and materials science
Monte Carlo simulations
At the University of Cambridge, I developed a new, faster (factor 100) computer simulation method within the framework of Monte Carlo lattice model to predict polymer glass-transition temperatures.
- On a project I initiated, I showed how various parameters affect the interplay between martensite and pearlite formation in steel (which cannot be done experimentally).
- M. Bouville and R. Ahluwalia: "Microstructure and mechanical properties of constrained shape-memory alloy nanograins and nanowires", Acta Mater. 56, 3558 (2008) [View online]
- M. Bouville and R. Ahluwalia: "Interplay between diffusive and displacive phase transformations: Time-temperature-transformation diagrams and microstructures", Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 055701 (2006) [View online]
- Collaborating with experimentalists, I used phase-field simulations to explain how alloying may stabilize polycrystalline thin films and dramatically enhance their performance.
- M. Bouville, D. Z. Chi and D. J. Srolovitz: "Grain-boundary grooving and agglomeration of alloy thin films with a slow-diffusing species", Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 085503 (2007) [View online]
- In order to better control dopant diffusion during device processing, I studied the effect of stress on point defects in semiconductors in collaboration with mechanical engineers.
- Working closely with experimentalists, I designed a mathematical model to determine under what conditions pits would form in heteroepitaxial semiconductor thin films.
- M. Bouville, J. M. Millunchick and M. L. Falk : "Pit nucleation in the presence of three dimensional islands during heteroepitaxial growth", Phys. Rev. B 70, 235312 (2004) [View online]
Other applied maths and statistics
Investing and personal finance
- M. Bouville: "When does the long term start?", to be submitted.
- book for a general audience: "Votre argent mérite de vous rapporter plus" (in French obviously).
- articles on investing: mathieu.bouville.name/en/finance/.
Articles on the post-carbon economy
Philosophy, ethics and education
- "Why is cheating wrong?", Stud. Philos. Educ. 29, 67 (2010) [View online]
- "Plagiarism: Words and ideas", Sci. Eng. Ethics 14, 311 (2008) [View online]
- "Whistle-blowing and morality", J. Bus. Ethics 81, 579 (2008) [View online]
© Mathieu Bouville, March 2016